Staying in hostels allows you to have fun with parties, make new friends, travel to different locations and so on. However, there are rules to be followed. Similarly, there are rules one must follow during your stay in a hostel. These are some of the basic or the unwritten rules of hostel life.
- Clean Your Own Dishes – Don’t be that annoying person to other travelers. If you’ve decided to cook your own food in the hostel kitchen, then have the decency to wash the utensils you’ve used. That’s because, other fellow guests are likely to use the same utensils later.
- Pack Your Junk Early – If you’re going to check out the next day, make sure that you pack your bags the day earlier. Also, try taking a shower the night before the next day. Understand that there are chances your fellow roomies may had to attend a late-night party therefore, you don’t want to disturb their sleep.
- Avoid Having Parties Inside the Dorm Room – It’s not hard to understand – Dorm rooms are meant for sleeping and not for having parties. If you wish to have a party, there are other facilities inside the hostel that allows you to party.
- It’s a Fair Game After 8AM –Hostels have rules and one of the simplest rule is – one can do whatever they want to do after 8AM. Don’t get angry just because a new traveler just checked-in after 8AM or someone else is packing his or her own bag to check-out.
- Snoring – If you’re horrible in snoring, then telling your roommates to hit while you snore is alright.
- Avoid Whispering in the Night –Whispering can get as loud as talking normally. Avoid talking to your roommate or your friend over the phone at night.
These are some of the rules to follow if you’ve decided to stay in some of the best Thailand beach hostels.