The world around has seen an uproar in the hepatitis C infection cases!
The patients suffering from the disease are growing high due to the non-alignment with the precautions that need to be taken to stay prevented against it. The trouble goes even high with the price concerns that comes associated with the medicines for the cure. Thus, there are a number of challenges that need to be addressed in order to make the treatment worthwhile.
The medical world, in association with the several government bodies is working on a number of strategies to follow for a brighter future of hepatitis C treatment. Few of them are discussed here!
Strategies to fix hep C
- A number of inclusive strategies will be required to increase the impact level of HCV antiviral therapy and introduce them at a population level.
- HCV antiviral therapies must be expanded and enabled for HCV infected patients and shouldn’t just remain around the specialty care and primary care offering units.
- With the help of the peers amongst the drugs addicts who basically inject drugs (PWID), things could be handled. Moreover, systematic screening of all patients attending a given healthcare centre must also be explored.
- The cost of medication is another remarkable point to be addressed such that the treatment of all HCV-infected patients remains at a substantial short-term burden for the healthcare budgets, even in the developed countries.
- Scaling-up the HCV treatment along with the harm-reduction measures for PWID, such as- needle-exchange programs, etc. will also be needed for tackling this global health problem against the HCV infection.
Following these effective strategies, we can definitely cope up with the chronic nature and hard hitting process of hep c treatment in the near future.